Credit Union Professional Development Scholarships:
Continuing education and development programs for credit union professionals help the credit union movement remain competitive in the financial marketplace. We provide scholarships for credit union-related educational courses and professional development programs to ensure credit union employees have access to the training they need to successfully serve their organizations and their communities.
Thank you for your interest in a NWCUF Professional Development scholarship. To ensure a successful scholarship application process, please read the following important information:
- Applications are reviewed on a regular basis and applicants are notified with the approval/denial within 30-days of application. Approval letters will state the scholarship award amount.
- Applicants must be currently employed by, or serving on the Board of a credit union that is a member or associate member of the NWCUA.
- “Group” applications are not accepted. Each scholarship candidate must complete their own scholarship application.
- Applicants may request up to a total of $1,500 per year for continuing education courses.
There is an award cap of $1,000 for the following events:
- CUNA Governmental Affairs Conference
- NWCUA Annual Conference
- Western CUNA Management School
- NWCUA Emerging Leaders Program
- NWCUA Directors Conference
Qualifying expenses include:
- Event registration
- Lodging – upgrades to room accommodations must be paid by the participant
- Food – not to include alcoholic beverages
- Airfare – does not include first class upgrades
- Ground transportation
The recipient must use awarded funds for the sole purpose stated on the application. Scholarships are non-transferrable.
- Reimbursement will occur when a NWCUF Reimbursement and Impact Report, along with invoices, is submitted to the NWCUF within 60 days of conclusion of the course/event. Failure to comply with the 60-day reimbursement period will result in a forfeiture of said scholarship.
- Any questions related to the Credit Union Professional Development Scholarship Program can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
By clicking the button or link below, you agree to the terms and conditions of these scholarship guidelines.
If your request is less than $500 or if you are a CEO or Board Member, use the Express Application.