Credit Union Professional Development Scholarships:
Continuing education and professional development programs offered to credit union professionals ensures credit unions remain competitive in the financial marketplace. The Northwest Credit Union Foundation provides development programs, courses, and scholarships to ensure credit union employees have access to the training they need, successfully serving their organizations and communities.
Thank you for your interest in a NWCUF Professional Development scholarship. To ensure a successful scholarship application process, please read the following important information:
- Applications are reviewed on a rolling basis and applicants are notified of determination within 30 days of application receipt. Approval letters will state the scholarship award amount.
- Applicants must be currently employed by a NWCUA associated credit union or serve on an associated credit union’s board.
- Group applications are not accepted. Scholarships are awarded to sole recipients, only.
- NWCUA Networking Council Power User Memberships are not eligible for scholarship funding.
- Scholarship applications must be received prior to the date of the event for which the applicant is applying for scholarship funding.
- Applicants may request up to $1,500 per year for continuing education courses.
- Program scholarships are awarded as reimbursements. The scholarship recipient must use awarded funds for the sole purpose(s) stated on the application. Scholarships are nontransferable.
There is an award cap of $1,000 for the following events:
- CUNA Governmental Affairs Conference (GAC)
- NWCUA MAXX Convention & Trade Show
- Western CUNA Management School
- NWCUA Emerging Leaders Program
Qualifying expenses include:
- Event registration
- Lodging (excludes room upgrades)
- Food (excludes alcoholic beverages)
- Airfare (excludes first class upgrades)
- Ground transportation
- Mileage (please provide a Google map print out with the departure location and arrival location on your Reimbursement and Impact Report. You will be reimbursed at 54.5 cents per mile.)
Itemized receipts are required.
To receive a scholarship reimbursement, the recipient must submit a complete NWCUF Reimbursement and Impact Report, with invoices, to the NWCUF within 60 days of the course / event’s conclusion date. Failure to comply with this deadline will result in automatic and total scholarship forfeiture.
Questions or comments? Please send inquiries to email@example.com.
By clicking Continue to Application, you agree to this scholarship’s terms and conditions.
Use the Express Application if you meet one of the following conditions:
- Your award request does not exceed $500
- You are an associated credit union CEO
- You are an associated credit union board member
If you answered no to the above, please continue to the scholarship application.