Credit Union Professional Development Scholarships:
Continuing education and professional development programs offered to credit union professionals ensures credit unions remain competitive in the financial marketplace. The foundation provides development programs, courses, and scholarships to ensure credit union employees have access to the training they need, successfully serving their organizations and communities.
Thank you for your interest in a NWCUF Professional Development scholarship. To ensure a successful scholarship application process, please read the following important information:
- Applications are reviewed on a rolling basis and applicants are notified of determination within 30 days of application receipt. Approval letters will state the scholarship award amount.
- Applicants must be currently employed by a NWCUA associated credit union or serve on an associated credit union’s board.
- Group applications are not accepted. Scholarships are awarded to sole recipients, only.
- NWCUA Networking Council Power User Memberships are not eligible for scholarship funding
- Applicants may request up to $1,500 per year for continuing education courses.
There is an award cap of $1,000 for the following events:
- CUNA Governmental Affairs Conference
- NWCUA Annual Conference
- Western CUNA Management School
- NWCUA Emerging Leaders Program
- NWCUA Directors Conference
Qualifying expenses include:
- Event registration
- Lodging (excludes room upgrades)
- Food (excludes alcoholic beverages)
- Airfare (excludes first class upgrades)
- Ground transportation
Program scholarships are awarded as reimbursements. The scholarship recipient must use awarded funds for the sole purpose(s) stated on the application. Scholarships are nontransferrable.
To receive a scholarship reimbursement, the recipient must submit a complete NWCUF Reimbursement and Impact Report, with invoices, to the NWCUF within 60 days of the course / event’s conclusion date. Failure to comply with this deadline will result in automatic and total scholarship forfeiture.
Questions or comments? Please send inquiries to email@example.com.
By clicking Continue to Application, you agree to this scholarship’s terms and conditions.
Use the Express Application if you meet one of the following conditions:
- Your award request does not exceed $500
- You are an associated credit union CEO
- You are an associated credit union board member